Happy Veterans Day!Andrew at Aeroseal
Veterans Day seeks to honor and give thanks to all the men and women who have served and are serving in the US Armed Forces.Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and Nov. 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. Visit the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs to learn more about Veterans Day.
Here are a few ideas to help you celebrate and honor Veterans Day:
- Volunteer at a local VA facility.
- Ask a Veteran about their time in the military, and really listen to the answer.
- Thank everyone you know who has served in the armed forces.
- Take flowers to the grave sites of deceased military personnel.
- Invite local veterans to a special luncheon in their honor.
- Make a donation of time or money to a local Veterans organization.