Is Your Heating System Ready for Winter?Billy Pell
We have all settled into the back-to-school groove, started to enjoy the changing leaves and those chilly mornings as fall makes its appearance. Don’t forget, fall is the perfect time to make sure your heating system is ready to operate efficiently before winter settles in for the long haul.
Here are a few DIY tips to make sure your system is prepared:
- Clean/change air filters – this is one of the most important and easiest things you can do. Most filters need attention every 30-90 days. Follow these steps from Consumer Reports to safely check your filters.
- Check your thermostat – make sure your thermostat is reading the correct temperature. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, now is the perfect time to consider purchasing.
- Inspect your ductwork – walk through your home and look at your ductwork. Listen and feel for air escaping from your ducts-this is heated air not making its way into your living space. It is always a good idea to have a professional inspect your ductwork every few years.
- Seal windows and doors – check your weather stripping and caulking to make sure your home is draft-free.
- Schedule a maintenance checkup – you spent a lot of money on your furnace. Call us today and we will ensure your system is running at peak efficiency before winter arrives.