Carbon monoxide poisoning is often misdiagnosed as flu, food poisoning, or other stomach problems – it is a serious matter. Any of the following sources can contribute to unsafe levels of carbon monoxide in your home…gas and oil furnaces, water heaters, fireplaces, boilers, electric generators, and even electric ovens when self cleaning.
Every home needs Carbon Monoxide Monitors installed in sleeping and living areas; even “all electric” homes.
The Environmental Protection Agency has set regulatory standards for the acceptable level of CO inside your home. Inexpensive alarms cannot provide the protection your family requires. To safely monitor CO levels and provide the protection your family deserves a Low Level CO Health Monitor should be installed in your home. In addition, according to Consumer Reports, CO detectors should be replaced every 5-7 years.